Sunday 18 November 2012

Every Day

by Ilona Rosenthal Payne, 2012

Live every day like it would be your last,
leave yesterday's trouble be in the past.
Keep your eyes focused on the road that's ahead,
don't ever give up but keep walking instead.

Love every day unconditionally and true, 
because what you give out always comes back to you.
Never put your head to rest when you're mad,
but ask for forgiveness before going to bed.

Hope every day that you get one more chance,
to talk to your mother while holding her hand.
Help out your Vater without a delay,
because the one that giveth can taketh away!



And when your time comes I hope you can say:
I'd live my life the very same way.
I'd count the blessings each and every day,
not the once I received but the ones I gave away.
(added this August 2013)




No comments:

Post a Comment