Saturday 10 August 2013




Drip, Drop, Drip, Drop


by Ilona Rosenthal Payne

Raindrops singing me a song, the wind is blowing, 
I don't feel alone
It's a song full of hope, full of calmness and peace,
I listened with a awwww with a cat on my feet

But all of a sudden,I heard no more rain,
but the gunshots out far, my heart filled with pain.
Where is my rain? 
Why is there war?
Where is the hope that once was not far?

Why can't there be news, that countries agreed,
that for every weapon a needy they'll feed.
Where we hold hands in union, with candles in our hand,
to remember the ones that kept peace in this Land.

Let judgement be spoken, like you were on trial,
and let others be right, once in a while.
Love your neighbours even so they are rather bizarre,
Love your children, of course, because that's who you are!




No comments:

Post a Comment