Friday 16 August 2013




Goodbye my Daughter

by Ilona Rosenthal Payne

A beautiful bird spreading it's wings,
leaving the nest, exploring new things,
singing a song of a future of light,
living in a dream not only at night.

Still soaring through the valley of youth, 
while constantly searching for the voice of truth,
looking ahead to the horizon afar,
never missing to wish upon a star.

How I wish you were little once more,
too tiny & short to walk out that door,
but now you're a lady all ready to go,
excited to leave, your cheeks are aglow.

Goodbye my sweetheart, I will try not to cry,
reminiscing on memories from a time gone by.
I love you my daughter, I'm so proud of you,
for being who you are and for what you do.

Don't forget where you came from,
because whatever may come,
I'll give you my love and wish you the best
and will always be waiting here in the nest.

Take care of yourself Sam!
I love you!
Mom









No comments:

Post a Comment